Wed, 19 April 2023
“Everyone needs a good coach in life,” according to our podcast guest this week.
For this Business of Functional Medicine episode, Kristen Brokaw interviewed Coach Micheal Burt to explore his perspective on becoming and staying motivated.
He applies the term prey drive—the instinctual motivation of certain animals to find, pursue and capture prey—to human behavior and motivation.
Coach Burt began his career as a basketball coach and is now an author, speaker and professional coach for multiple industries. He has clients who are the most successful preventative doctors and functional health care providers in the country.
Check out this full episode to take in empowering messages about:
Visit his website to learn more about activating the drive to pursue your goals.
Wed, 12 April 2023
On this episode of the podcast, James is joined by two doctors from the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) to learn about their upcoming annual conference from June 1-3 in Orlando, FL.
Aly Cohen, MD is an integrative rheumatologist who speaks about the importance of environmental medicine and why autoimmunity needs to be understood by providers across medical specialties.
Dan Lukaczer, ND is the Director of Medical Education at IFM. He was previously Director of Clinical Research at the Metagenics Functional Medicine Research Center in Gig Harbor, WA, where he served as the principal investigator on various clinical trials on diet and nutrition.
This event will be the first in-person IFM event since 2019 and will not be limited to any one topic or health issue. Instead, they offer an agenda featuring a wide range of subject matter. Consider registering for the IFM conference to learn more about:
· Contaminants in drinking water—from artificial turf, fluoride and more
· Data about environmental chemicals and how they contribute to human health conditions, specifically diseases of the immune system
· Dietary approaches and lifestyle changes to reduce toxicity
· Functional medicine approaches to oncology and cancer care
· Understanding mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS)
· Innovative treatment options for mental health care
· Updates on the microbiome, oral microbiome and systemic disease
· Impacts of intermittent thermal stress on aging and longevity
· Therapeutic applications of medical cannabis and endocannabinoids
· Wearable devices and the unlocked potential of remote health monitoring
· And much more!