Welcome to the Evolution of Medicine podcast! On this episode, James sits down with Julie Foucher-Urcuyo, MD, functional medicine physician, four-time CrossFit Games athlete, and host of the Pursuing Health podcast. Her talent and drive have made her well-known in both the functional medicine and CrossFit spaces, and she is poised to make a big impact in healthcare. It was an excellent conversation and I think you’ll learn a lot—enjoy! Highlights include:
- Understanding the synergy of functional movement and functional medicine
- Julie’s definition of CrossFit, and why she encourages people to look beyond common perceptions of the sport
- How CrossFit and functional medicine compare when addressing misconceptions and educating people on the health benefits each provide
- What it was like to pursue medical school while competing in the world of CrossFit
- What we can learn at the cross-section of resilience, CrossFit and the future of medicine
- And so much more!
Resources mentioned in this episode: