Welcome to the Evolution of Medicine podcast! This week, we’re talking with Lara Salyer, DO, IFMCP, a family physician based in Monroe, WI whose passion is health education at the micro and macro level. After 15 years as a board-certified family physician, she was unsatisfied with the troubling trend in America: increased dependence on prescriptions yet decreased overall wellness. She enrolled in training courses through the Institute of Functional Medicine and opened her private practice in 2017. Dr. Salyer is one of the key members of our Practice Accelerator and we are thrilled to share her insight in our Group Visit Series.
In this episode, you’ll hear about how Lara has innovated in group visit intake and creating efficiencies in her practice. We talk about her journey with the Practice Acceleratory and her YOUniversity program, which she created to educate patients and give them access to functional medicine testing. This is a super-interesting, energizing 30 minutes for anyone ready to be on the cutting edge of functional medicine delivery. Enjoy! Highlights include:
- Dr. Salyer’s journey from conventional medicine to running a thriving functional medicine practice
- How to use group visits to channel efficiency in functional medicine practice
- How group visits give patients the agency they need to take control of their health and achieve positive outcomes
- The value of the Practice Accelerator, and the power of its “collective group creativity”
- How to build a sustainable business model by identifying and targeting your niche audience for group visits
- How to effectively recruit for group visits and maintain consistent attendance
- And so much more!